In the modern digital landscape, landing pages are crucial in driving conversions and leads. In fact, according to one study, businesses with 10-15 landing pages increase their leads by 55%. About 48% of new marketers create a landing page for each new campaign. At Brillity Digital, we regularly utilize landing pages for our advertising campaigns to guide potential customers down the conversion journey.
Whether you’re promoting a product or service, a landing page is pivotal in determining your success. We will cover the most important items that a dedicated landing page should include to make it more effective. From drafting compelling headlines and optimizing user experience, we’ll explore time-tested strategies backed by industry insights and data on creating a high-converting landing page.
What is a Landing Page?
A landing page is a standalone web page designed to captivate visitors and encourage them to take specific action. It’s where visitors “land” when they click a search engine result or an online ad from Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, an email link, or similar places on the internet.
For instance, say you’re running an advertising campaign to promote specific tech products. Instead of driving traffic to your main website, you can create a landing page that only features those products. This helps avoid confusion, and allows you to easily track the effectiveness of your campaign and the conversions you make from the ads.
Unlike other web pages that encourage you to explore their content, a landing page has a single goal or focus—converting visitors into leads or customers.
Types of Landing Pages
Depending on your business specifics, here are the two main types of landing pages:
Lead Generation Landing Pages
Lead generation or lead gen landing pages are designed to capture visitor information like names, email addresses, or contact details. These pages are used to persuade visitors to fill out lead-capture forms marketers use to build a list of prospective customers.
A contact us page is a great example of a lead generation landing page as it allows customers to input their contact details.
Click-through Landing Pages
These are mainly used by e-commerce and SaaS (software-as-a-service) marketers to guide visitors to a specific product or service page. They encourage visitors to click through to the next stage of the conversion funnel and buy or take a desired action.
A great example of this kind of landing page is creating a specific web page for a marketing campaign.
Key Elements of a High Converting Landing Page
Here are five key elements to help you unlock a high converting landing page.
- Compelling Headline: A strong headline captures attention and communicates the value proposition, moving visitors to explore further.
- Concise and Engaging Content: Well-crafted content addresses user pain points, highlights benefits, and builds trust with the audience.
- Clear call-to-action (CTA): A persuasive CTA drives visitors to take the desired action, such as buying or signing up for a newsletter.
- Persuasive Visuals: Eye-catching images, videos, and graphics evoke emotions and make the landing page visually appealing and more memorable.
- Trust Indicators and Social Proof: Testimonials, reviews, and statistics boost credibility and create trust in a landing page.
Offers to Include in an Optimized Landing Page
Landing pages have the sole purpose of converting leads for your business. However, you can make your landing pages more effective through various types of offers. Here are some types of content offers to considering including on your next landing page.
Offer free resources that add value to your audience and visitors. Free resources to offer may include:
- Ebooks and whitepapers: Include topics you want your audience to learn about
- Guides and tutorials: Step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish specific tasks
- Templates and worksheets: Offer practical tools for streamlining tasks
Discounts and Promotions
Drive more sales and landing page conversions rates with discounts and promotions, such as:
- Limited-time-offers that create a sense of urgency and scarcity
- Coupon codes and exclusive discounts
- Bundles deals and packages
Free Trials and Demos
Free trials and demos are powerful tools in driving leads and conversion. According to statistics, the average free trial conversion rate for opt-in trials is 18.20%. Allowing users to experience your product’s value firsthand builds trust and motivates them to buy.
You can direct users to a page where they can sign up for free trials, such as software and similar products, using personal details. Additionally, offer freemium models of your products, with free basic features and premium upgrades.
Contests and Giveaways
Encourage user participation and shares through contests and giveaways. You can achieve this through the following:
- Referral programs that reward users for spreading the word
- Social media contests to encourage participation and shares
- Prize giveaways incentivizing action and valuable rewards
- Subscriptions to enter a giveaway
- Join an email list for a free product sample
Consultations and Assessment
Offer personalized advice and analysis to your audience. These may include free consultations offering expert guidance and recommendation, assessments and audits that evaluate performance and identify opportunities and personalized reports with customized insights and actionable strategies.
Want to learn more?
Building and executing a thoughtful advertising strategy can be difficult, and creating a high converting landing page is just one piece of the puzzle. Contact us today to learn more about how we may be able to help!
Want to know not to do on your next landing page? Watch this YouTube video by Neil Patel on Landing Page Flaws that can kill your conversion rate.